Brinker International In the Community
About Brinker Charity Golf Classic:
- Building on a strong tradition of giving back, the Brinker Charity Golf Classic (BCGC) provides an exciting opportunity for Brinker International to give back to North Texas through a phenomenal day of fun and golf. The tournament features a scramble game format and a variety of contests sporting an energetic atmosphere of community supporters.
- BCGC supports four worthy charities: the Kenny Can Foundation, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Northern Texas PGA Junior Golf Foundation and the Limbs for Life Foundation.
- To date, BCGC raised more than $1,650,000 benefitting charities in the North Texas community.
- BCGC has been recognized as one of the top three highest-grossing charity golf tournaments in the DFW metroplex by the Dallas Business Journal for the 2009 and 2010 tournaments.
Brinker Charity Golf Classic beneficiaries:
- The Kenny Can Foundation, founded in memory of our friend and long-term Brinker executive, Kenny Dennis, who succumbed to brain cancer in 2002. The foundation is dedicated to researching a cure and helping people affected by brain cancer. www.kennycan.org
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, a world leader in the treatment of pediatric orthopedic conditions. The hospital strives to improve the care of children worldwide through innovative research and teaching programs, training physicians from around the world and providing care regardless of the family’s ability to pay. www.tsrhc.org
- Northern Texas PGA Junior Golf Foundation, committed to introducing the game of golf to children of all ages and socioeconomic backgrounds teaching them the positive aspects of the game — integrity, discipline and social responsibility. http://juniorgolf.ntpaga.org
- The Limbs for Life Foundation, a global nonprofit organization dedicated to providing fully functional prosthetic care for individuals who cannot otherwise afford it and raising awareness of the challenges facing amputees. www.limbsforlife.org
Other Brinker community efforts:
- Brinker International is a community partner with the North Texas Food Bank, a nonprofit hunger relief organization that distributes donated, purchased and prepared food through a network of more than 1,100 feeding programs in 13 North Texas counties. Through fundraisers and canned donations year round as well as a virtual food drive throughout the holiday season, Brinker is one of their largest corporate donors.
- Through our Corporate Contributions Program at the Restaurant Support Center in Dallas, Brinker continues to give to organizations focused on health, social services, children, diversity, arts and education.