Chili’s + St. Jude Partnership
- Since 2002, Chili’s® Grill & Bar guests and team members have supported the lifesaving work of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®, which is leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other deadly diseases.
- The campaign grew out of a local effort that began in 2002 when seven Memphis-area Chili's restaurants raised $14,000 with nothing more than crayons and pepper coloring sheets. In 2003, the promotion expanded to include five Southeastern states, raising more than $50,000.
- In 2004, Chili's and St. Jude took the regional effort and expanded it into a national partnership.
- In 2006, Chili's announced plans to raise $50 million over a 10-year period, one of the largest single partner donations in the history of the hospital.
- In honor of the partnership, a state-of-the-art-building named the Chili's Care Center, opened Nov. 14, 2007, becoming the first medical building on St. Jude’s campus to bear the name of a St. Jude corporate partner.
- The seven-story, 340,000-square-foot facility combines 21st century imaging and treatment technology with St. Jude’s half-century approach to medical research: putting patients and scientists under one roof to fast-track the translation of new knowledge into better care for children.
- The Chili’s Care Center houses the bone marrow transplant inpatient floor, the Department of Radiological Sciences, inpatient activity areas and research laboratories.
- In September 2013, Chili’s reached the extraordinary commitment of raising more than $50 million for St. Jude, earlier than planned.
- In 2014/15, Chili’s extended the partnership with St. Jude beyond the month of September by taking part in the St. Jude Thanks and Giving® campaign and other fundraising efforts.
- With each passing year, team members and guests are more committed to St. Jude. This has become an annual tradition uniting communities nationwide and in Puerto Rico, making Chili’s the destination for families and friends to gather and enjoy great food while helping St. Jude.
Visit our Image Gallery to download images of:
- Chili's Care Center on St. Jude campus in Memphis, Tenn.
- Lobby of Chili's Care Center on St. Jude Campus