About the “Eat-A-Dish for Make-A-Wish” campaign:
- Since 2003, Maggiano’s and Make-A-Wish have teamed up to grant wishes to children with life-threatening medical conditions through the annual “Eat-A-Dish for Make-A-Wish” campaign.
- During this annual spring campaign, Maggiano’s restaurants nationwide feature a number of delicious giving opportunities designed to raise enough funds to grant at least two life-changing wishes per restaurant. Guests can contribute by: ordering a food or beverage item off the “Eat-A-Dish for Make-A-Wish” menu; purchasing a decorative star-shaped card for an amount of their choosing and displaying it in the restaurant with their name; and more.
- In addition, each restaurant hosts “wish enhancement dinners” for local Make-A-Wish children and their families, such as send-off parties before a wish is granted or welcome-home parties after a wish comes true. Many restaurants also host public events ranging from dinner theatre productions to food and wine tastings to benefit local Make-A-Wish chapters.
- To date, Maggiano’s guests and team members have contributed more than $4.7 million throughout the “Eat-A-Dish for Make-A-Wish” campaign.
- During the year, Maggiano’s continually supports Make-A-Wish by organizing special events to honor wish children and donating $1 from the sale of seasonal feature desserts.